630 CHED Santas Anonymous is looking for community-minded accounting professionals to join our Finance and Audit Committee. As a volunteer member of the Finance and Audit Committee you will work closely with the Executive Director on the annual budget process, contribute to the annual audit process, recommend financial and accounting policies and provide guidance and support to the Board of Directors on financial matters. For additional information on the duties and responsibilities, please refer to the Finance and Audit Committee Terms of Reference.
- CPA designation with five years of related work experience in a financial role
- Experience in not-for-profit accounting is an asset
- Experience as a Board Treasurer is an asset
- Knowledge of endowments is an asset
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are excited to contribute to the 630 CHED Santas Anonymous mission to see every child receive a new toy at Christmas
- Have a strong financial acumen
- Are interested in improving processes and controls
- Work well in a team environment and take on tasks independently
The Finance and Audit Committee typically meets in-person (virtually during COVID) 2-3 times per year. In addition, monthly virtual meetings and email communication are used to discuss financial results and provide feedback on monthly reports distributed by the Executive Director. The annual budget is reviewed in April/May and presented to the Board of Directors in June.
Please submit a letter of interest and related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Postings will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Other Committee opportunities may arise throughout the year; if you love Santas and want to help let us know!