1. List your preferences to better the chance of your group receiving a shift. Group shifts are extremely popular and we typically receive more requests than shifts available. In order to make it as fair as possible, a draw may be held for the oversubscribed shifts.
2. We ask that all volunteers commit to the full shift. We ask your group to carpool and arrive on time as we begin with an orientation session including updates on procedures from previous years. Should there be latecomers they will be asked to wait until we can provide them with the entire orientation before they join your group.
3. Although you have requested a specific role, group members may be asked to assist in other areas.
4. Please ensure all group members are dressed for working outdoors.
5. Please contact us at least 72 hours prior to your shift if you need to cancel.
6. Delivery Day and Walk-In Days happens rain, shine, snow or sleet. Please be prepared to work outdoors in the elements and come dressed for the weather.
7. Light lunch and refreshments will be provided.
I understand and agree to the above terms.