Are You Elf Material?
We're looking for Student Ambassadors who will engage their student body and social media following in the campaign throughout the 630 CHED Santas Anonymous 2019 season.
630 CHED Santas Anonymous has been delivering toys to 25,000 kids every year for over 60 years in Edmonton. We've been able to do this with the help of over 3500 volunteers who pick up, sort, package and deliver toys every single year.
The next generation of volunteers are crucial to ensure the toy delivery program keeps running for years to come!
Student Ambassadors will:
Lend their name and image to campaign promotional materials.
Make public appearances at some of our larger events – cheque presentations, delivery weekend, on-air radio updates.
Promote 630 CHED Santas Anonymous through personal social media and ask followers to share.
Will act as a liaison between 630 CHED Santas Anonymous campaign and student body – this is the big one. Ideally, this is an opportunity for someone who has been involved in Santas in any way to share their passion with young people who are just hearing about the program or getting engaged with giving for the first time.
Will look for opportunities on campus to promote awareness of the campaign and opportunities on campus to recruit volunteers, solicit donations or be involved in fundraising initiatives.
Student Ambassadors must:
- Be available to volunteer or assist the Santas team 4-6 hours per month, beginning June 2019, with potentially 6-8 hours in November and December.
- Be between the ages of 16-24 yrs old
- Attend a High School, University or College in Edmonton
- Have a strong desire to help others
- Be available on December 14 and 15, 2019 for Delivery Weekend
- Be comfortable spreading Christmas cheer by singing loud for all to hear!
Student Ambassadors will receive:
- Letter of Reference
- Volunteer Hour Credit
- Official Elf Photo ID
- T-Shirt & Jacket
- Invitation to the 630 CHED Santas Anonymous Night of Appreciation
Application closes May 31, 2019.